Thursday 5 July 2018

Go West (Again), (Not-So) Young Man! (The Oregon Wine Competition 2018)

Oregon Wine ExperienceWe can surely file this one in the I-still-can’t-believe-that-I’ve-fooled-everyone-for-so-long pile: I’ve been asked to judge yet another wine competition. This time, it’s the 2018 incarnation of The Oregon Wine Competition, part of the more comprehensive Oregon Wine Experience, taking place August 20-26, 2018 in Jacksonville, OR, and benefiting Asante Foundation and Asante’s Children’s Miracle Network.

Historically, 100+ Oregon wineries have participated in this event, which makes it one of the (if not the) best ways to get a deep dive into the state (see what I did there?) of the entire OR wine scene.

I’m looking forward to getting my mouth (and the rest of me) back in OR, and to putting the competition’s 100% Oregon AVA wines under the palate microscope (palmiscope?). In that latter regard, I’ll be joining five distinguished members of the wine biz who are also judging, and most of whom have much more impressive initials after their surnames than I do.

OR Wine Experiene judges partial 2018

For those of you reading this who have OR wine that they’d like to enter, here are the pertinent details. (note that only wines composed of 100% grapes grown in officially-recognized Oregon AVAs, with TTB-approved labels, and produced by Oregon-licensed wineries are eligible).

The rest of you lushes who are thinking of getting in on the action can purchase tickets to this everything-Oregon event, and maybe come and heckle me while I’m working.

Cheers!

Grab The 1WineDude.com Tasting Guide and start getting more out of every glass of wine today!

Shop Wine Products at Amazon.com

Copyright © 2016. Originally at Go West (Again), (Not-So) Young Man! (The Oregon Wine Competition 2018) from 1WineDude.com
– for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!
Source: http://www.1winedude.com/go-west-again-not-so-young-man-the-oregon-wine-competition-2018/



source https://meself84.wordpress.com/2018/07/05/go-west-again-not-so-young-man-the-oregon-wine-competition-2018/

No comments:

Post a Comment